Saturday, November 12, 2011

Guess what? …I’m back!



I know it has been quite a while since I’ve written. I sincerely apologize for my absence. There was a period of time that became rather dark making it hard to write of happy things. Luckily life finds a way to brighten itself and come full circle back to happier times. Well, now I have lived through the experiences life has brought me and I am beginning to understand more the finer details of how to live happily with joy and love and even some sadness and grief. I will attempt to share some of them here.

Now on to some better things: I truly hope that you have had the opportunity to read Beatrix Potter’s The Tale of Peter Rabbit. It is such a fantastic tale – simplicity and genius in one. In the beginning Peter Rabbit’s mother tells Peter and his sisters Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail “you may go into the fields or down the lane…. But not into Mr. McGregor’s garden”. The whole world was out there for the little bunnies to roam and explore, only one man’s garden was off limits. Isn’t it interesting that when we are offered two choices we first try the one that will hurt us and cause setbacks in our progression. Would it have been different if Peter’s mother had told him that he could either choose freedom, hope, and happiness or fear, misery, and captivity? Which would you choose? Surely the garden looked like an adventure and good idea without weighing the dangers that also laid waiting behind the fence but what about the rest of the world. What great adventures does it hold even though it is not ‘off limits’? Well, Peter got what he asked for, adventure wherein he lost his jacket and shoes and received a cold and a bellyache. “But Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail had bread and milk and blackberries for supper.”

I’ve found in life that there are places we are recommended to avoid and yet sometimes those are the places we go and find. The Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontails of my life are my heroes. Life must be a bit more beautiful if the entire world is their adventure and each day the reward. My new goal is to forget about Mr. McGregor’s Garden and find better, more rewarding adventures…. And I dare you to try it as well. Make every day a spectacular adventure and Mr. McGregor’s garden will no longer be appealing. Which choice will you make?


Hope: this way. :)

Signing off for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment